Rice krispies treats are a classic. So why not take this easy and simple snack and turn it into a Halloween treat!?
Any variation of the recipe will work, but I used the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Original.
What you need:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Black and white frosting
- Decorating bag
- Wilton lollipop sticks found here
- Wilton bag kit found here
To make ghosts and tombstones cut the rice krispies treats into rectangles (2 x 3 inches). Then trim the two top corners to make it a rounded top. The Halloween themed ones can be cut into 2 inch squares.
It’s easiest to place them on the lollipop sticks now, before they are completely cooled.
Now it’s time for the frosting!
- To make ghosts, cover half the rectangle with white frosting starting from the top and going down diagonally. Let dry, then dot the eyes with black frosting.
- To make tombstones, cover the entire top half of the rectangle with black frosting. To give it a spooky feel, leave the bottom edges of the black frosting uneven. Let dry, use the white frosting to write RIP.
- To make the Halloween themed ones, decorate half the square with either color frosting. Cover with Halloween themed sprinkles.
After the frosting is completely dry, place each treat in a clear bag. These make a fun display for Halloween parties 🙂