Halloween decor doesn’t have to be dark and gloomy- add some brightness!
These luminary jars will make great decorations for around the house. You can even place them along the window sill for a great look from the outside.
The supplies for this craft are pretty simple! What you need:
- Different size jars
- Tissue paper- black, white, green or orange
- Mod podge glue(or make your own with glue and water)
- Paint brush or paint sponge
- Acrylic paint- black, white, green or orange
- Googly eyes for the bat
- Black construction paper for bat wings
- Green paper for pumpkin stems or leaves
- Cobwebs and spiders
Start with one side of the jar and paint a layer of glue. Cover with a layer of tissue paper strips, and paint another layer of glue to seal it. Continue until the whole jar is covered. I found it easier to paint the rim of the jar with acrylic paint.
I made my jars into bats, pumpkins, Frankenstein and spider webs.